Higher Education/Student Affairs Specialization
Instructional Leadership MEd
The MEd in Instructional Leadership - Higher Education/Student Affairs Specialization is offered across the State of Utah and prepares professionals for careers (or advancement in careers) in higher education, student affairs, religious and private education, and other education related fields. If you are interested in any college/university professional staff entry-level position, advancement to the next position, or simply to learn more about the field, this program can be tailored to fit your goals. The program provides opportunities for skill-development, collaboration, and community building within higher education settings and provides a unique look into education leadership through internship and practical coursework taught by our research faculty and current leaders in college and university settings.
We would like to thank you for your interest in the program and hope to work with you soon!
- Dr. James Morales, Instructor and Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dr. Blake Nemelka, Instructor and Program Director
Note: This program is available to USU Logan campus and all USU regional campuses except for those in Washington and Iron counties.
- Complete the online application
- Pay the $55 application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the GRE or MAT*
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits*
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
*If you meet only one of the standardized test score or GPA requirements, you must submit both but can still be reviewed for admission.
The department has the following recommended deadlines (and reserves the right to admit students beyond the deadline):
- Fall semester – August 1
- Spring semester – December 1
- Summer semester – April 1