Elementary Mathematics Teachers Academy
Customized, 100% online, K-6 professional development is available through the Elementary Mathematics Teachers Academy (http://online.usu.edu/teachmath) in the School of Teacher Education and Leadership in the Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services. This master’s level professional development can be used for re-licensure credit, lane change credit, as an emphasis area of concentration for an elementary education master’s degree at USU (see Plan B, page 2), or as transfer credit into many master’s degree programs around the country.
How it Works:
You create a customized 100% online course specific to your own interests and classroom needs by selecting from over 100 modules organized by standard. (For a list of modules see http://teachmath.usu.edu/standards/). We package your choices into a master’s level course. You get master’s credit from USU’s nationally ranked College of Education. (It’s REALLY that easy!)
- K-6 classroom teachers wanting training on specific core standards
- 7-8 classroom teachers needing resources to help students below grade-level
- Special Education teachers needing training at multiple grade levels
- Mathematics coaches and leaders preparing to lead math professional development sessions
- Parents wanting to help their children succeed in math
- Master’s degree-seeking teachers
- Individuals working towards recertification
Register to become a USU student through our free admissions site http://teachmath.usu.edu/enroll.
Select any day of the year as your course start date. The Academy is part of the FLEX system at USU and is not bound by the traditional semester dates.
Choose from 100+ modules
- 3 modules = 1 master’s level credit
- 6 modules = 2 master’s level credits
- 9 modules = 3 master’s level credits
The cost of the Academy coursework is based on the current rate for master’s degree credit at Utah State University. Please see the USU Online tuition and financial aid page for more information. Several payment options and tuition installment plans are available through Utah State University.
- Work at your own pace within the 16 week period after your chosen start date
- Modules include the latest standard-specific research and publications
- Frequent communication and feedback from a USU instructor
- Printable certificates and digital badges awarded for each completed module
Use Credits to:
- Gain re-licensure (1 Academy credit = 18 points in Utah)
- Obtain a “Bachelor’s + 20” or a “Master’s + 20 lane change”
- Get a USU Elementary Education master’s degree (see Plan B, page 2)
- Use as elective credit in a Master’s program
- Pick-up transfer credit for many university programs nationwide
Please visit our website today https://teachmath.usu.edu or contact the Academy Director to learn more about the high-quality professional development we offer.